A country house is a complex system consisting of a mass of interrelated things that affect the comfort of living in it. This is how the house is built, and the land plot, and the environment, and ecology, and much more. For example, there are many houses for sale Burnley. Having no experience of country life, it is difficult to imagine what the purchase of a country house will result in the future, which moments will bring true joy, and which will overshadow living, which will be unacceptable, spoil life and force you to sell the house.
Here are 11 points to pay attention to when choosing a house for country life.
- Location and Infrastructure directly affect not only the price of the purchased property, but also the convenience of moving between home, work, kindergartens, schools, etc. It is worth finding out in advance where the relevant objects are located nearby: shops or shopping centers, medical institutions, schools, kindergartens, educational centers, household services, etc.
- Land plot. It is necessary to pay attention to many aspects at once: the area of the plot, the slope of the plot, its shape, soil, soil moisture, the presence of a drainage system, the presence of green spaces, landscaping of the site, the presence and quality of the fence.
- The location of the house on the plot. It must first of all comply with accepted standards. The direction of the windows is of no small importance.
- The material of house walls. The material of which the house is built, and how well it is made, determines its durability. It has a direct relation to the comfort of living.
- Foundation and basement. In order to fully assess the quality of the foundation, you need to attract specialists. Problems with the foundation can have disastrous consequences for the house as a whole.
- Its construction, roof and the quality of its laying provide protection from natural precipitation and directly affect the efficiency of the house.
- Ceilings and floors. They are hidden from the eyes of observers inside the flooring, so it is difficult for a layman to assess their condition. In addition, you need to understand whether the load-bearing capacity of the floors is calculated correctly.
- The way the space inside the house is planned determines its functionality, and as a result – the comfort of living.
- Windows and doors. They perform three main functions in a country house: protection from penetration, heat preservation, and are elements of interior design. Pay attention to the condition and quality of windows and doors.
- Engineering communications and life support systems. These systems are designed to bring urban comfort to the comfort of suburban life. The degree of their reliability should be high.
- The amount of expenses that will have to be incurred in connection with living outside the city. It can cause disappointment to an unprepared city dweller.
Choosing and buying a country house is an extremely serious matter, the implementation of which requires various specific knowledge.